Sunday 13 July 2014

June Favourites!

So, June's now ended and it's time for me to take you through some of my favourites of the month!

PG Tips Green Tea - Mandarin Orange Flavour

Firstly, I'm going to start off with a bit of an unorthodox choice here. It's not a cosmetic product; it's tea! This is a new tea from PG Tips that I've only seen in the shops recently. I stumbled across this in Sainsbury's a couple of weeks ago. You get 20 bags for around £1.20, which is quite good value. Mine are nearly all gone now, because I really like this tea! It's a pyramid bag and it comes complete with the monkey on the label... If a picture of a cartoon monkey doesn't tempt you to buy tea, I don't know what will.

I'm not going to preach to you about the potential health benefits of drinking green tea, but I will tell you that it's supposed to be really good for your skin.

If you're not really a fan of drinking tea, you can boil green tea, let the bag cool and smear it over your face (yes, really... LET IT COOL FIRST THOUGH) to make a face mask. It seems to make my skin feel softer after leaving it for around 10 mins. (Yes, I really have smeared a teabag all over my face a couple of times in the vain hope of getting softer skin...)


Barry M Lipstick

I really like this lipstick. I don't wear it too regularly, but I tend to find if I'm feeling a bit down one day, applying a little lipstick cheers me up a bit.

My favourite is Barry M Lipstick in 53 Coral. The colour is beautiful; it isn't too obvious, but not subtle enough to be completely unnoticeable either. For some reason, in these pictures that I've taken it seems to look quite a bit darker than it actually is; it's a bit paler 'in real life'.

It seems to last for a long time without an additional product like Lipcote over the top and the finish is quite a matte one, rather than a glossy or shimmery effect.

53 - Coral - (Complete with Pale Arm)
I always ensure that I wear a good lip balm underneath, otherwise my lips tend to dry out. It's not exactly the most moisturising of lipsticks.

TRESemmé Argan Oil Salon Sleek Straightening Spray

I bought this a few months ago in Boots when they had a 2 for £7 deal on Tresemme products. This product is normally around £5. I often use their shampoos and conditioners, so I thought I'd try out a couple of their styling products to compliment these. I really like this; it genuinely makes my hair look straighter. My hair always flicks out at the ends, then starts to go wavy and this product stops that. Yes, it's quite expensive, but it's lasted me months, with sporadic use.

The bottle has a spray dispenser and contains 250ml. It has the usual TRESemmé scent to it, which is quite hard to describe... Just generic shampoo-y smell?

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who has quite a lot of trouble ensuring that their hair is kink-free.

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Hot Cloth Cleanser

This is definitely a firm favourite of mine. I started buying this last summer and I'm still hooked. It's £5.99, but is frequently on sale for £2.99. Inside the box is a tube of face cleanser and underneath that is a folded muslin cloth.

The Cleanser Comes Complete with a Muslin Cloth

Using this improves the appearance and feel of my skin and I think that it is a serious competitor for its more expensive counterparts (which I'm too much of a cheapskate to buy).

The scent of this face wash is really subtle, it's nice, but not overbearing; which I believe makes it suitable for even sensitive skin.

This product claims to 'Awaken skin's natural glow' and that it also 'cleanses and gently exfoliates'. It certainly lives up to what it claims, in my opinion. My skin also feels much softer and noticeably smoother after I've used this.

Real Techniques Make Up Sponge

Excuse the chipped nail varnish...

Surely you've heard of this? I stumbled across this on YouTube; but I was initially reluctant to spend £5.99 on a sponge.

I've had mine for months and it's still in good condition. I wash it out every week or so and it's as good as new. It does take a while to dry though; so sometimes I have to get my hairdryer out to speed things up a bit!

I wasn't really a fan of applying make-up with a sponge before I discovered this. Now I think I've been converted! I know they always say that sponges waste make-up, but I honestly think that the finish the this sponge offers is worth a bit of 'wastage'.

It just makes foundation sit on my skin more effectively. It ensures that you're not going to end up looking cakey and that you end up with a more natural finish.

The foundation that I've been using recently is Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation and I can honestly say that this sponge makes this foundation look a whole lot better on my skin than it does when applied with fingers or even a brush. It stops it from looking overly shiny and seems to really work it into my skin to make sure it stays on for longer.

The sponge has three different 'sides'. A rounded body for using on your cheeks, chin and forehead. A slanted edge for using around your nose and eyes. And a pointed edge for covering blemishes with. To begin with, it can be a bit of a juggling act; but it's something you easily get used to.

I would honestly recommend this to anyone and everyone. It's a must-have.

Thanks for reading!
Katie
x
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig