Wednesday 10 September 2014

Review: Rimmel Wonder'Full Mascara


*Ooh, shiny new mascara alert.* You know me, I'm incredibly picky when it comes to mascaras... So will this self-professed 'wonderful' mascara live up to my high standards?


You may well have seen Georgia May Jagger sashaying around making eyes at people while wearing this mascara on the TV ad recently? She was advertising this in style; as she does with all new Rimmel products, except when Kate Moss feels like sashaying in instead...

Anyway, back to the mascara... I picked this Boots a couple of weeks ago because I'm not ashamed to say that I'm hopelessly addicted to mascara.  It costs £7.99, but I bought on offer for £5.99... Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be on offer anymore. Sorry!

It contains argon oil, which seems to be everywhere at the moment! It claims to moisturise your lashes while you're wearing it. Impressive, if you've got dry lashes. I wouldn't be able to tell you if it's worked for me or not... I genuinely can't comment because I've not really used it for long enough. I've been using it on and off for less than a fortnight, so it's perhaps no where near enough to have had any effect...? 

I would say that this is perfect for a day look, but you'd maybe need something a tad more dramatic for night time. It's really great for giving my lashes length, but it's not that fantastic at giving them loads of volume. That's fine for daytime wear, but at night, you might want a mascara with a bit more kick.*
*Don't kick your eyes.

The one thing that I really dislike about this mascara is the smudging. I know that not everyone necessarily has this problem, but I do unfortunately get this with a lot of mascaras. And it really dissuades me from using this one. Even if I curl my eyelashes to give them lift, the dreaded smudging still occurs. If you're lucky enough not to struggle with smudging, then I'm sure you'll love this mascara! It's just not ideal to have to keep on checking your eyes in a mirror throughout the day, to ensure that you haven't turned into a panda.

The brush is slightly similar in feel to Benefit's They're Real's - Albeit a bit fatter and without the 'ball' of spikes at the end of the wand. There's no clumping either, which is fantastic! One great thing about this mascara is that it's easy to create a slightly cat-eyed look, if that's your cup of tea...

(...People aren't going to mistake you for a moggy, but it looks eye-catching... Get it? Ha.)

The packaging, as you can see, is a copper-coloured curved tube. Rimmel always go the extra mile to ensure that their products catch your eye. Even if it does make it a little harder to photograph for your blog...

Unfortunately, this mascara is only available in Black. There's no Black/Brown option, which I tend to opt for if it's available. I don't think that Rimmel offer a waterproof version either.

N.B. As a complete, self-confessed grammar pedant, the name irritates me ever-so slightly. I'm sure that Rimmel are trying to say that it makes your lashes look fuller, which it does, and also wonderful... I get that, but it doesn't stop me being a Grammar Nazi about it...

So, to recap...

Advantages:
  • Great for daytime wear,
  • Offers fantastic lift to lashes,
  • Cheap,
  • No clumping.
Disadvantages:
  • SMUDGING,
  • Unsure if 'conditioning effect' actually works,
  • Not available in Black/Brown or Waterproof,
  • Plastic wand - Not ideal for those who prefer fibre brushes.


 photo BlogSig_zps3aeaa8d7.jpg
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig