Thursday 22 January 2015

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

Just a tad too dark?

I've become a bit of a fan of Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, so will the concealer live up to the same standards?


Erm... No.

It's way too dark. Pictured is the lightest shade of concealer (Ivory) with the lightest shade of foundation (Light Porcelain). Why bother bringing out a super-pale foundation if you don't make a concealer to accompany it?

I've heard so many people raving about this so I thought I'd give it a try. I really wish I hadn't bothered because it's just a waste of money if you're pale.

I honestly can't comment on whether it's got an 'anti-fatigue' effect or a 'radiant glow' because as soon as I've applied it I'm too busy staring at the mirror going: "Ahhh, I've got orange panda eyes!".

It looks like I've got orange dark circles. (Please try not to laugh at that image.) Every spot and blemish is encircled with an orange hue that makes me look like I've developed some kind of horrendous skin condition. What are pale people supposed to do? It's bad enough that we look like death warmed up due to our pallor, but to have such a lack of products to conceal our dark circles and blemishes just adds insult to injury.

Please, cosmetics companies, is it really so much to ask for that pale people need concealer too? Please. Don't bring out pale foundations and then forget about creating a super-pale concealer to accompany it. That's just silly. Isn't it?

Rant over... Do you know of any really pale concealers? If so, comment below or tweet me!

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin'

post signature
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig