Sunday 9 August 2015

The Weekend Edit: LDN.

Instagram, Montage, London

Did I mention it was my birthday last Monday? If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter you might have seen that I nipped to London with my friend Amy to explore the sights (and spend far too much money at the MAC counter in Harrods...) So, I thought I'd show you some photos that I took on the day!

(By the way, the last photo in the collage above is what happens if you let me loose on the lipstick area of the MAC counter. Whoops!)

We got totally lost trying to find Westminster, because we didn't think it'd be far from Knightsbridge where Harrods, Space.NK, Topshop and Accessorize were. What we didn't take into consideration is that it was warm, muggy, and really busy. We were wandering aimlessly around the capital for about two hours in total. But, on our travels, we did encounter: A Ferrari showroom, Buckingham Palace, a squirrel whisperer*, and some very expensive-looking houses! Due to getting lost, my Fitbit reliably informed me that I did over 21,000 steps that day!

As I mentioned, we went to the Queen's House, but we didn't bother knocking on the door for a cuppa because of the scary policeman with the MASSIVE gun hanging around outside.

*There was a random man feeding squirrels in a park. Just feeding them nuts by hand. The sights you see, eh?

 But, there's more to come...
The Houses of Parliament London

London Red Telephone Box

...I filmed lots of the day and I'm currently in the process of stringing it all together to make my next YouTube video, which should be up soon! Exciting, right? (Perhaps not then, eh?)

London Eye

I was spoiled rotten, but the best birthday present came courtesy of the wonderful Derbyshire Constabulary. You know that pesky, horrid neighbour? THEY ARRESTED HIM! He's now temporarily banned from the area and he can't cause us any more trouble! Unfortunately this happened because he hit his (ex) partner, but the whole neighbourhood has breathed a collective sigh of relief. We've got some peace; and can leave the house safely without him watching us or subjecting us to a barrage of abuse. I can't stress how much of a relief it is.

St. Elizabeth's Tower

Anyway, I always enjoy a traipse down to London for my birthday. The hustle and bustle is quite refreshing compared to the quiet area I'm from. I also love the fact I can carry my camera around without getting funny looks from people like I would at home!

What's your favourite place to explore in London? Comment below and tell me!

YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin'

post signature
SHARE:
Blogger Template Created by pipdig